Saturday 21st March 2020
During this uncertain (and slightly scary!) time, we just wanted to say a massive HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you a-MAIZE-ing mums out there! We hope you are able to spend the day with your loved ones, making sure you know just how special you are! We're spending today celebrating Jackie, our very own “Mother of Popcorn”, who along with her husband (Joe) and two sons, founded Joe & Seph's nine years ago!
To celebrate Mother's Day our lovely friend Frances Quinn has created the ultimate bunch of flowers using our award-winning gourmet popcorn and caramel sauces! Completely edible and totally delicious, click here to see how this masterpiece was created! If you want to guarantee your place in Mums good books this Mother's Day, then why not give some of our favourite recipes below a whirl!
Nothing says "thank you Mum" like homemade cupcakes, especially when their topped with our White Chocolate & Raspberry Popcorn Bites! This divine @LittleLuxuryFoods recipe combines luxurious light sponge with a tangy fruit topping and what's more is easy peasy to make! Go on, give it a whirl...
This delectable Banoffee Loaf recipe by @laurenloves2talk is perfect for tcelebrating all the a-MAIZE-ing Mums out there this Morther's Day! Handmade with love using our heavenly Banoffee Pie Caramel Sauce and Gourmet Popcorn, they are sure to impress.
Thursday 19th March 2020
During these uncertain and slightly bonkers times, we wanted to give you a little update from us!
Our online shop www.joeandsephs.co.uk is still operating as usual, so if you are struggling to get to the shops and wanted to stock up (did someone say movie night?), our full gourmet range is available online, with FREE UK DELIVERY on all orders of £12 or more! As a small, family business we appreciate your enduring support so much!
Needless to say, it’s very challenging out there for so many small businesses like us, with sales disappearing and events being cancelled. If you are stocking up, please try and support your local small businesses on the high street and online – lots of us have quite a bit of stock!
Secondly, we’ve taken strict measures to ensure the safety of our team and are still able to operate as usual. So, if you are at home and fancy a quick chat you can still call or email us as normal or get in touch on our social media accounts! We’d love to have a chat to you, whether that’s to update you on your most recent order or discuss our many weird and wonderful flavours! Please stay safe and don’t forget to wash those hands . Love Joseph, Jackie, Adam and J&S team
Wednesday 19th February 2020
Joe & Seph's are shaking up the snack category one kernel at a time with officially the best tasting popcorn and caramel sauces around (45+ Great Taste Awards) and after a huge year of growth, we're looking for a new marketing superstar to join our small, but mighty team!
This a marvellous role for someone who wants to be involved with every aspect of marketing and take a giant leap in responsibility. We are looking for a creative person with a talent for producing engaging written and visual content. We also need someone with tons of initiative, who can think up clever ideas to best promote our brand both digitally and at events!
We're a fun team of only 14 people in the office but a further 30 who handcraft and pack our popcorn. We're currently based in Staples Corner (near Brent Cross) in North West London and will soon be moving to our own sparkly, new offices close by!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are on the hunt for someone energetic, creative and bubbly, with tons of enthusiasm. You don't need lots of experience, but you do need to be highly motivated, super organised and passionate about both marketing and food! You'll be helping us with:
- Support the Brand & Marketing Manager on the company's marketing strategy.
- Take ownership in the management and creation of signage, POS and marketing collateral. Assist on big product launches and PR campaigns.
- Assist the Brand & Marketing Manager in creating new, exciting products.
- Manage our external designers, photographers, printers and creatives.
Social media and communications:
- Responsible for setting the strategy for Joe & Seph's Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn account (combined following of over 50k). This includes creating engaging content, digital ads and progress reports.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of Joe & Seph's social media accounts. Including proactively engaging with followers, scheduling content and liaising with brand partners.
- Develop and maintain our influencer marketing programme
- Support the Brand & Marketing manager with updating and maintaining our website.
Events & Samplings:
- Take ownership of our consumer & trade events and our in-store samplings
- Organise all consumer events to increase brand awareness and engagement, ensuring events are staffed with brilliant people and well stocked. Building a team of Brand Ambassadors who will represent Joe & Seph's
- Support the sales team with trade events. Making sure the look and feel of the stand meets brand guidelines and objectives.
- Later in the year looking at developing our experiential and field marketing
- Respond to incoming correspondence across phone/email/post.
- Manage and maintain our Events Room inventory
IDEALLY, YOU ALSO NEED TO HAVE:
- 1-2 years relevant work experience preferably in a food & drink brand.
- A degree level education, preferably in marketing
- Some basic design skills (Adobe Indesign/Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Knowledge and experience using mainstream social media platforms
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Marvellous copywriting skills, including spelling and grammar!
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Free breakfast every day
- Monthly team social events
- Opportunity for formal training
- Lots of Joe & Seph’s Popcorn
Please click the link here to apply