Our show stopping Salted Caramel Gingerbread Cake is sure to impress whatever the occasion. Topped with delicious Joe & Seph's Salted Caramel Sauce, and our signature Salted Caramel Popcorn, this decadent and indulgent creation goes perfectly with a cup of tea on a cold day,
1 hour 55 minutes
600g Plain Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
4 tsp Ground ginger
350ml Golden Syrup
350g Butter, diced
6 Stem Ginger pieces, chopped
1 x 8oz packet of Cream Cheese, softened
230g Butter, softened
400g Icing sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1 Joe & Seph's Salted Caramel Sauce
1 Joe & Seph's Salted Caramel Popcorn Pouch
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
Prepare baking tins
2. Grease 3 x 20cm round cake tins and line with greaseproof paper.
Mix flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, ginger
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, bicarbonate of sofa and ginger and make a well in the middle.
Combine treacle, golden syrup, butter in pan, warm gently
4. Pour the treacle, golden syrup and butter in a pan and warm gently until the butter has melted and the mixture is smooth and combined.
Add milk, stem ginger
5. Stir in the milk and stem ginger.
Combine with dry ingredients
6. Pour the mixture into the well of the dry ingredients and mix well into a smooth batter.
Bake for 40 minutes
7. Pour the batter into the prepared tins and bake for about 40 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
When cooked, leave to cool
8. Leave the cakes to cool in their tins and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Mix cream cheese and butter for icing
1. Beat softened cream cheese and butter together until fluffy and lump-free.
Add powdered sugar
2. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.
Add vanilla paste
3. Stir in the vanilla paste.
Cover and fridge for 10 minutes
4. Tightly cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Put layer on cake stand
1. Place one layer of cake onto your stand.
Spread 1/4 frosting
2. Dollop ¼ of your frosting on top of layer and spread evenly.
Repeat with other 2 layers
3. Repeat with other 2 layers.
Frost sides and top, refrigerate for an hour
4. Spread remaining frosting on top and the side of the cake and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
Top with caramel sauce
5. Remove cake from fridge and drizzle Joe & Seph’s Salted Caramel Sauce over the top, allowing it to drip down the side.
Top with popcorn and serve
6. Top with 1 x Joe & Seph’s Salted Caramel Popcorn Pouch and serve!
Sign up to our email club and you will receive a welcome email with a code entitling you to 10% off your first order when you spend £12.00 or more on our website. This code cannot be combined with any other code or any other offer, discount or promotion offered by Joe & Seph’s. This code is valid on popcorn, caramels sauces and gifts and excludes subscriptions and international shipping charges. This code is valid for one month only or while stocks last.