This cosy recipe by @goodgracefood combines one of our favourite desserts, Rhubarb & Custard, with our love of breakfast! What could be better we hear you ask? Well, it's also suitable for Vegans, as well as being Gluten and Dairy-free!
1 hour 40 minutes
1 1/2 cup oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup dairy-free milk (any you prefer)
1/4 cup almond cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
3 tbsp oat flour
3 tbsp oats
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 stalk rhubarb
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup water
Joe & Seph's Vegan Salted Caramel Popcorn
1. Firstly make the crumble by mixing all ingredients together and baking in the oven on 180C. Put aside once golden.
Make rhubarb syrup
2. Then make the rhubarb, add 1 stalk with water and maple syrup in a pan until soft. Place aside.
Mix custard ingredients
3. Mix the custard ingredients together in a separate bowl.
Make pancake batter, expect the banana
4. Make the pancake batter, mix all the ingredients together, besides the banana and place aside for 15 minutes to expand slightly.
5. Preheat pan on stove on low/medium heat (it keeps the pancakes fluffy). Grease the pan and add 1/4 cup of batter into the centre. Flip gently to keep the thickness.
Plate with custard, crumble and popcorn
6. Add pancakes with custard in each layer. Top with more custard rhubarb. Add left over syrup from the rhubarb on the plate with the crumble and top with Joe & Seph's Vegan Salted Caramel Popcorn. Enjoy!
Sign up to our email club and you will receive a welcome email with a code entitling you to 5% off your first order when you spend £12.00 or more on our website. This code cannot be combined with any other code or any other offer, discount or promotion offered by Joe & Seph’s. This code is valid on popcorn, caramels sauces and gifts and excludes subscriptions and international shipping charges. This code is valid for one month only or while stocks last.