This luxurious Salted Caramel Popcorn Cupcake recipe by @sooz.chef is a rich delight with a glorious popcorn crunch! A poppin' good treat sure to impress family, friends and of course your own tastebuds - ENJOY!
1 hour 20 minutes
175g salted butter
250g caster sugar
100g self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/5 teaspoons vanilla extract
175ml natural Greek yoghurt
250g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
140g Joe and Sephs sticky toffee sauce
pinch of sea salt flakes
1 tablespoon double cream
A couple of handfuls of Joe & Sephs Salted Caramel Popcorn
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Cream butter and sugar
2. Beat or whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add vanilla and eggs
3. Add vanilla extract, and gradually add the eggs until the batter has come together.
Add flour and baking powder
4. In a seperate bowl sift the flour and baking powder, add to the batter a little at a time until just incorporated.
5. Add the yoghurt and mix briefly until combined.
6. Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes, when an inserted cocktail stick comes out clean.
7. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
Beat butter for icing
1. Whilst the cakes cool, beat or whisk the butter until light and fluffy.
Add vanilla and icing sugar
2. Add the vanilla and then the icing sugar, a little at a time.
Add caramel sauce, salt and cream
3. Pour in your Joe & Sephs Sticky Toffee sauce and a pinch of sea salt flakes as well as the double cream. Beat or whisk at a high speed until light and delicious!
Pipe icing on cupcakes
4. Fill a piping bag with your nozzle of choice with the buttercream, and pipe a @sooz.chef swirly-swirl on top of each cooled cupcake.
Top with popcorn
5. Decorate with a few pieces of Joe & Sephs Salted Caramel Popcorn (and polish the rest off as a reward!)