Joe’s top tip... Popcorn does not like moisture, so please make sure all your utensils, bowls and trays are totally dry before you start.
1. We recommend popping your Gourmet Popping Kernels using an air-popper and then skipping to step 5, but if you don’t have an air-popper to hand then fear not, steps 2-4 have you covered!
2. Gently heat a tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat.
3. Carefully add a pouch of Gourmet Popping Kernels to the saucepan and cover. Make sure the lid is secured tightly.
4. The Gourmet Popping Kernels will soon start to POP! Shake the pan occasionally to prevent sticking and when the popping stops popping, remove the pan from the heat. Keep the saucepan covered until you are certain the popping has finished and then carefully remove the lid.
5. Melt a knob of salted butter in a microwave. Add ground peanuts to the melted butter and stir. [Top Tip - to make this recipe vegan, swap in vegan butter at this stage!]
6. Pour the mixture over your popcorn and while it’s still melted quickly stir using a pair of heat-proof spoons, trying to coat all the popcorn pieces in the caramel.
7.Then transfer to a serving bowl while still warm…
and voilà! Your homemade Peanut Butter Gourmet Popcorn is ready to enjoy!