A SNACKING ESSENTIAL!
Joe’s top tip... Popcorn does not like moisture, so please make sure all your utensils, bowls and trays are totally dry before you start.
1. We recommend popping your Gourmet Popping Kernels using an air-popper and then skipping to step 5. But if you don’t have an air-popper to hand, worry not, steps 2 to 4 will have you popping like a pro!
2. Start by gently heating a tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan.
3. Carefully add a pouch of Gourmet Popping Kernels to the saucepan and cover. Make sure the lid is secured tightly. Did you know? We source these award-winning, extra-large “mushroom” popping kernels, as they create Gourmet Popcorn with the fluffiest, spongiest texture and an extra-large surface area, perfect for coating in caramel!
4. The Gourmet Popping Kernels will soon start to POP! Occasionally shake the pan to prevent sticking and when the popping stops remove from the heat. Keep the saucepan covered until you are certain the popping has finished and then carefully remove the lid.
5. Sprinkle sea salt on the popcorn and using a wooden spoon gently toss your popcorn to evenly distribute the salt flakes. Then transfer to a serving bowl while still warm…
and voilà! Your homemade, Salted Gourmet Popcorn is ready to enjoy!
To make Double Salted Popcorn: while still hot, sprinkle half a teaspoon of sea salt flakes over your popcorn and stir for a final time!