A rich and decadent vegan chocolate tart, made with wicked dark chocolate and a hint of coconut! This @mmillyjane recipe makes the perfect masterpiece to serve at any dinner party!
For the crust:
125g rolled oats
4 tbsp coconut sugar
30g cocoa powder
4tbsp melted coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
For the chocolate filling:
1 tin of full fat coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
500g dark chocolate chips
For the garnish:
Dark chocolate drops
Joe & Seph's Vegan Salted Caramel Popcorn
- Start by preheating your oven to 180°C.
- To make the crust pulse both the almonds and oats in a food processor or blender until fine. Add sugar, cocoa powder and salt; pulse until combined. Place mixture in a bowl and add the melted coconut oil. Mix until combined.
- Transfer the crust mixture to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press down evenly.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely for an hour.
- To make the chocolate filling, fill a bowl with the chocolate chips and bring the full fat coconut milk to a boil in a separate saucepan.
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate chips and stir and combine until thick and creamy.
- Then pour the mixture into the cooled tart base. Leave to set in the fridge.
- Finish by adding decorating the tart with the dark chocolate drops and Joe & Seph's Vegan Salted Caramel Popcorn.