1. Preheat oven. Grease a rectangular baking tray and line with baking paper.
2. Dissolve coffee in a tbsp of boiling water. Place in a Bain-marie with chocolate and butter.
4. Once everything has melted, remove from the heat and whisk in sifted cocoa and sugar, and then eggs.
5. Combine plain and self-raising flours, then sift into mixture and stir.
6. Stir in coffee liqueur and vanilla extract.
7. Transfer mixture to the baking tray. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C) for about 45 mins, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Then remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the baking tray.
8. Ideally make the whipped mascarpone topping when ready to serve. Whisk mascarpone, butter, icing sugar, salt and liqueur until it becomes whipped.
6. Spread the frosting onto your brownies. Then generously drizzle with Joe & Seph’s Espresso Martini Caramel Sauce, espresso and a sprinkling of dark chocolate.