Here's a favourite recipe from our very own Head Pastry Chef, Karoline Qualmann.
25g unsalted butter
50g plain flour
2 eggs medium
1. Bring milk, butter and salt to the boil in a sauce pan over a medium heat. Tip in the flour and stir .the mixture should form a smooth paste which leaves the side of the pan clean. Tip - Do not beat the paste at this stage or it will become oily. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
2. When the paste has cooled slightly, the eggs can be incorporated. Beat in the eggs gradually and continue beating until the paste is smooth and very glossy. The paste is now ready to use.
3. Using a piping bag, pipe neat globes of choux paste on to a baking tray, trying to avoid forming a peak at the top. Allow plenty of space between the buns for rising Bake at 180 Celsius in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the buns from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Once cooled, cut a little whole at the bottom of the bun and fill it with pastry cream or whipping cream using a piping bag.
5. When ready to serve, drizzle in Joe & Seph's Chocolate Caramel Sauce (for a runnier consistency, add the sauce to a microwaveable container and heat on full power for 10 seconds).
6. Sit back and marvel at your creation, allowing a few minutes for the applause from your dinner guests to die down, and tuck in.